ETHNIC GROUP PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Written by Alicia M. Graciadas   
Monday, 06 August 2012

              Cebuanos dominate the province’s populace by 52.27%, while the remaining 47.73% are composed of Boholano (12.31%), Bisaya/Binisaya (8.77%), Mansaka (5.53%), Hiligaynon-Ilongo (4.75%), and other ethnic groups at 28.68%. (Table 06)

Table 06.         Household Population By Ethnicity and By Municipality

                        Compostela Valley Province

Municipality

ETHNICITY

Cebuano

Boholano

Bisaya/ Binisaya

Mansaka

Hiligaynon/ Ilongo

Other Foreign Language

Others

Not Reported

TOTAL

Provincewide

302,979

71,341

50,819

32,050

27,549

106

92,378

2,454

579,676

% of Distribution

52.27

12.31

8.77

5.53

4.75

0.02

15.94

0.42

100.00

1Monkayo

44,721

10,530

7,501

4,731

4,066

16

13,635

362

85,562

2.Maco

34,068

8,022

5,714

3,604

3,098

12

10,387

276

65,181

3.Pantukan

32,297

7,605

5,417

3,416

2,937

11

9,847

261

61,791

4. Compostela

32,226

7,588

5,405

3,409

2,930

11

9,826

261

61,656

5.Nabunturan

31,606

7,442

5,302

3,343

2,874

11

9,637

256

60,471

6. Laak

31,073

7,316

5,212

3,287

2,825

11

9,474

252

59,450

7.Maragusan

24,004

5,652

4,026

2,539

2,183

8

7,319

194

45,925

8. New Bataan

22,214

5,231

3,726

2,350

2,020

8

6,773

180

42,502

9.Montevista

17,365

4,089

2,913

1,837

1,579

6

5,295

141

33,225

10.Mabini

16,752

3,945

2,810

1,772

1,523

6

5,108

136

32,052

11.Mawab

16,653

3,921

2,793

1,762

1,514

6

5,077

135

31,861

Source: NSO 2000 Census of Population and Housing

 

 
< Prev   Next >